Monday, October 22, 2007

Lawn Signs

The lawn signs are rather interesting. The only ones I see now are for Ron Paul. I have seen a couple of houses that have Mitt Romney signs, and one that has Mike Gravel signs (yay! :)). But Ron Paul signs are the ones that seem to be more in number. Interesting - I would have thought other candidates' signs would be up by now. Maybe my town is more focused on the Mayoral and Alderman elections to be held in November (the presidential primary is expected to be in January). The lawn signs certainly bear that out - there are tons of signs supporting Mayoral candidates and candidates for Alderman positions compared to presidential candidate signs.

It is interesting though, that the Ron Paul supporters are the ones that put their signs up first. Reminds me of the 2004 elections - There were so many Howard Dean signs in my ward compared to John Kerry signs. But John Kerry won the ward 2-1. It had seemed to me then that the number of votes Howard Dean got and the number of houses with Howard Dean lawn signs were the same. Meaning his supporters were really keen - though Kerry won in the end (because of the scream, electability, whatever).

In any case I guess one should not predict anything based on lawn signs :)

No comments: