Friday, December 14, 2007

Ron Paul

Hmmm....... Ron Paul's supporters are *really* on the move. I hear that liberatarians from all over the country have descended on New Hampshire, sensing a real opportunity for Ron Paul to cause an upset in New Hampshire. I guess these supporters are all working hard - I am getting at least one call a day, often two, with a recorded message from the Ron Paul campaign (when I was home with a cold it began to get a bit annoying). I like Ron Paul a lot, and think he says exactly what he believes in, but one message put me off - his stance on illegal immigration which included saying that children of illegal immigrants should not be citizens and a few other things (reminded me of a cartoon in my local town newspaper a while back - a native American was sending European settlers away saying they are illegal immigrants :)).

There have been tons of mailings as well - literally one every alternate day. Not to mention flyers stuck in my door, and canvassing volunteers I run into while canvassing for Edwards. Clearly his supporters are going all out. Will be interesting to see what happens in the Republican primary!

No comments: