Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Election Day




Election day has dawned, a very atypical warm day in January (in 2004 when I was volunteering for the Howard Dean campaign I almost got frostbite in the 2F temperatures ;)). Temperatures are supposed to reach 60F today.

I opened my front door to walk to my voting booth and there hanging on my door knob was a Obama pamphlet, giving the address of my voting booth and urging me to vote for Obama. Hmmm..... I have an Edwards sign on my lawn, and I told Obama folks when the stopped by Saturday night that I am voting for Edwards. They still think I will change my mind???? I guess the Obama wave is expected to do things to people!



At the voting booth (at the elementary school), the parking lot was jampacked with reporters. Mitt Romney's bus was just pulling out after his stop at that booth, and McCain was expected shortly. McCain, Romney and Ron Paul signs almost obliterated all the democratic signs - I had literally look to find them. I found the Edwards signs folks and went over to say hello (not surprisingly they also had been Howard Dean supporters in 2004). There were a couple Hillary signs, but no Obama signs. They must have left to go to another voting booth because Obama was arriving there or something. Apparently a large group of them had been around in the morning.

The inside of the voting booth was very quiet. I voted and left just as a bus dropped a whole group of McCain supporters to greet him when he arrived.

No comments: